Thursday, December 19, 2013

Enjoying the hole-y and little things in life

so happy
Life is ever-changing and moving as fast as it ever has in the history of man. There is much work to be done with little time to do it. Once we learn how to do one thing, it seems the process changes and we have to learn a new way without getting much of the work done in the meantime.

Sometimes it can be overwhelming if we don't slow down and take a break every once in a while. We have to look around us and savor life. There are many little things that get lost in the hustle of everyday life. I'm here to tell you about one of those things, which I enjoyed this morning.

As soon as I got to work this morning, I was busy trying to accomplish many tasks which seemed to stack up faster than I could knock them out. It was quite devastating to my overall morale Then everything changed. My co-worker, who comes in about an hour after me, brought me a simple, white sack filled with joy: three glazed donuts. It's a little thing.

The donut is such a simple thing, yet so good. It doesn't have to be a fancy one covered in this, topped with that, and filled with who knows what; just a soft, round pastry with a hole in the middle and blanketed in a nice glaze. Who am I to tell you what kind of donut to eat though? Eat what makes you happy.

Alternately, if you wanted to think of an even littler thing, donut holes might be the answer. It's the same sweet deliciousness as a regular donut, but in bite size form. How could you not enjoy that?

Like Homer Simpson put it, "Life is like a box of donuts...mmmmm...donuts."

So sit back, take a breath, and look around. Don't miss anything around you. It's all important and keep in mind what makes you happy. Family, friends, food, or whatever it is for you. This morning it was a donut. Okay, so it was two donuts. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment