Wednesday, October 23, 2013

On The Road Checkdown


With having had a few errands to run during lunch I must shamefully admit my food of choice was not first on my mind. Normally bad things happen when I don't have such priorities pre-planned, but today everything worked out.

As I made my way towards the first stop I began to visualize the restaurants I would pass on the drive. Since I was headed to a side of town I'm usually not at around lunch time, I found myself focusing on creating a big-time-play for my taste buds. Something local? Something international? Something I could take a chance on with the given opportunity? The first two errands did not go as planned, and before I knew it, I was running out of options and out of time. Trying to not get flustered with only a few miles left I had no choice but to checkdown.


Snack Wrap #2 (Wrap #1 and small fry did not stay around long enough for the picture...RIP)
McDonald's was my last option before getting back to the office, and like any checkdown thrown by Peyton Manning, it did the trick. I went with two Grilled Chicken Chipotle BBQ Snack Wraps and a small fry. Nothing sexy, but tasty. My usual go-to Snack Wrap is the honey mustard, but today I was pleasantly surprised with the sweet, yet tangy, chipotle bbq sauce...not to mention perfect timing on my part to get hot, crispy fries. But no doubt, the best part of lunch was after all of the wrappers were crumbled, I reached to get a napkin and found three, still warm, fries in the bottom of the bag. I'm not sure what it is but there is a sense of accomplishment when you find rogue fries to end your meal.

If you're looking for the big-time-play lunch spot McDonald's is probably not the first place that comes to mind. You know the menu, and more than likely you know what you're ordering before you get there...but there is something to be said about their effectiveness.

Ba Da Ba Ba Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment