Thursday, November 21, 2013

Enjoying a little home cooking with pork chops

Everyone enjoys a little home cooking whether that means going over to Grandma's house after church or getting a few friendly calls from an official on your home court.

While I do love a quick, easy fast food meal, I do enjoy "cooking" every once in a while as well. I don't want to mislead anyone though. I'm no gourmet chef, but I know how to follow a recipe as they say. That doesn't guarantee that the meal will turn out like it is supposed to, but I try.

First off, you have to set yourself up for success. When I look for a recipe, I try only to use the simplest, yet most delicious ones. I'm talking the least amount of mixing and stirring and work on my end, while producing a feast worthy of a king, or at least a fat kid like me.

I believe that I have found the ultimate recipe for such a dream, or rather my wife found it on like a million different Pinterest things. This recipe involves a crockpot, pork chops (which I absolutely love), cream of chicken, and dry ranch seasoning. I'm not claiming this to be the most delicious meal ever created, but I've made this about three or four times so far and it's every bit of fantastic. It is a solid go-to whenever my family is looking an easy meal and we don't want fast food.

Here's how the process has evolved since I began preparing this meal:

*BONUS TIP*
Before we start, let me just say that I use Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners because I don't ever want to clean the crockpot out after I use it. These things are awesome. I'd recommend getting some. You may call me lazy, but I call me genius.
click me
1. Boneless pork chops. For our family, I buy four boneless pork chops, take them out of the package and basically throw them into the crock pot.
pork chops
2. Cream of Chicken. Get two cans. You can literally just throw this in on top of the pork chops and be done with it. By the third or fourth time I made this dish, I decided I would pour the cream of chicken into a separate mixing bowl and mix with ingredient #3. Do whatever makes you happy.
*Side note: You don't have to put a can of water in with the cream of chicken. You may be thinking, "Duh!" I wasn't sure. I asked Twitter and it came through as usual.
Andy Warhol

3. Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning. I viciously rip off the top of the package, sprinkle a little bit on the pork chops in the crock pot, then I dump the rest into the cream of chicken and mix that all up and plop it into the crockpot onto the pork chops.
this

4. Set the crockpot on high for 4 hours.
5. Smash.

That's it. In simpler, less picturesque terms, buy pork chops, dry ranch, and cream of chicken and throw all that stuff in a crockpot on high for four hours, then eat it. It doesn't get much easier than this. I mean I could argue that this is easier than making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. You can't screw this up. If I didn't then you won't. If you do screw it up, please send pictures.

I also like to prepare mashed potatoes as a side dish because the resulting "sauce" that is created after the pork chops are done must not go to waste. I drench the pork chops and mashed potatoes with it and just destroy everything in my sight.

YES AND IT COUNTS!
Last but not least, last night I also tossed some King's Hawaiian Rolls onto my plate and essentially used those lovely creations to clean my plate. The rolls were a metaphorical mop, soaking up all the flavors of pork chops, mashed taters, and ranch gravy, which then deposited this deliciousness into the mop bucket that is my belly. It was amazing.

I advise that you all try this. Then you can comment below about how much you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment