Thursday, November 7, 2013

Wendy's Pretzel Pub Chicken Sandwich Review: Do the chicken dance

Are you looking at my bun?
It's become quite the fad to put sandwiches on pretzel buns. I actually enjoy it. Wendy's has jumped on the bandwagon as well. They've actually got a couple of pretzel bun sandwiches, one with a burger and one with chicken. I decided to choose the Pretzel Pub Chicken Sandwich, since I also got chili with this particular meal.
The official Wendys.com picture and description:
"A lightly breaded chicken breast topped with natural muenster cheese, honey mustard and a warm cheddar sauce all atop a soft pretzel bun."
Starting with the looks of this sandwich, it's actually pretty good-looking compared to most sandwiches you receive from a fast food joint. The bun is a little more smashed than the official picture, but it's not that bad. It's all pretzel-y on top and all the fixings are stacked fairly neatly between the top and bottom bun. We're off to a good start.

The chicken is wonderful as Wendy's chicken normally is. It was warm, crunchy, and juicy. There are no complaints with this part of the sandwich. My only regret is that I did not order it with a spicy chicken patty. That was a major rookie mistake on my part. All of the promised toppings were there. It has that spring mix on it that I think restaurants use to make their lettuce look more fresh. It works.

Now we come to the taste. I don't know what muenster cheese is supposed to taste like, but it did not taste bad or take away from the overall taste of the sandwich. Even with the cheddar sauce added in with the muenster, it's not too much. I am not a fan of honey mustard, but when you're talking a pretzel bun, you have to consider talking in mustard too. The honey mustard works really well on this sandwich. As I said, the chicken breast was solid as usual. This sandwich was pretty amazing to be honest. It also played well with its friends.



The Verdict: Try it. It is definitely worth a taste. I would get it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment